Published 9th of July 2015
Wish you could wave a magic wand over your paper records and — Ta Dah! — magical electronic documents? If only it were that easy. A document scanning project involves numerous detailed and time consuming steps:
- Locating and retrieving original documents
- Sorting and separating files
- Document preparation: removing staples, paper clips, sticky notes
- Application of barcode separator sheets
- Scanning and capture of images
- Indexing scanned documents so they can be searched for and retrieved
- Quality assurance and verification to confirm all data was accurately captured and ordered
- Application of Optical Character Recognition software (OCR)
- Migration of electronic data to document management solution
- Post-production shredding or off-site storage
Along the way, it may be necessary to re-scan, de-speckle or de-skew images. Your business data is valuable, so it’s important that your document scanning project is executed with precision and attention to detail.
Overwhelmed? Don’t have the time or expertise? We can help!
Call our digital imaging experts on 0800 383 178 or contact us.