The GDPR affects how businesses dispose of private information at the office. You need to ensure that details are recorded and kept properly. Shredall SDS Group can help you to get all your unwanted documents destroyed in a verifiable, sustainable way.
The GDPR affects all ‘sensitive information’, whether that’s invoices, customer receipts, business financials, contracts or documents containing passwords and PIN numbers. Adapting to these rules will reduce an organisation’s chances of business fraud.
What does your business need to do?
We recommend that businesses review the way their sensitive information is destroyed after use. Robust policies need to be put into place and many businesses may find that subcontracting these new measures are a secure and cost-effective solution. However, it is understandable that some businesses might prefer to have their shredding completed on site for added reassurance.
Nevertheless, the GDPR regulation for in-house shredding requires proof that documents were destroyed, which the average office shredder doesn’t provide. For GDPR compliance, a Certification of Destruction will document the time and date of shredding to ensure the secure disposal of sensitive data.
How Shredall can help your business comply
Shredall offers a secure on-site shredding service, which is carried out in regular, scheduled visits or one-off arrangements.
How it works:
- You arrange when you'd like us to visit your site or office. We can organise a schedule for regular collections, or simply visit as and when you need us.
- Our fully trained operatives transfer the waste to our custom-built vehicle, then weigh it.
- The destruction process it witnessed by an appropriate person from your company and carried out by our specially trained operative. Our fast, efficient on-site shredding machines can shred around 3,000kg of paper per hour.
- Once all materials have been destroyed we'll issue a certificate of destruction showing the weight and details of the collection. This is a minimum requirement for anyone disposing of confidential waste.
- The shredded waste is then compacted into the rear compartment of the vehicle, locked and transported to our depot, where it will be baled and collected for recycling.
- All of the above is carried out as per BS EN 15713 or equivalent.
Our shredding and waste disposal services are an efficient way of dealing with your business's confidential data, it is a secure, cost effective way to safely destroy confidential waste. You can have complete confidence in our security measures once the waste leaves your site. As well as providing a full audit trail. we also invite you to visit us at any time without an appointment.