Published 21st of July 2020
As the economy is reopening businesses, and offices return to work, many adjustments and special measures are needing to be put in place to ensure the health and safety of workers, team members and customers to protect against the spread of Covid 19. You may need additional office space to allow for social distancing guidelines. Whether you need to clear out spare offices, rooms and/or floors, this is the time to let Shredall SDS Group help.
Simple ways to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in your workplace,
- Provide signage around the office. Keep everyone mindful of safety: good respiratory hygiene, cleaning recommendations, social distancing, and symptom checks.
- Make sure your workplaces are clean and hygienic. Surfaces (e.g. desks and tables) and objects (e.g. telephones, keyboards) need to be wiped with disinfectant regularly. Good cleaning and disinfection routines can greatly reduce or eliminate the risk of a viral count of COVID-19 on surfaces and objects in the office.
- Promote regular and thorough hand-washing by employees, contractors and customers. Put sanitizing hand rub dispensers in prominent places around the workplace. Make sure these dispensers are regularly refilled. This simple preventative measure will limit the spread of various viral diseases.
- Practice physical distancing: It is recommended 1-2 meters is maintained between people in the workplace. Businesses and employers should where possible, use free office capacity, reorganise and rearrange working and break areas to ensure physical distance and space is maintained and consider closing canteen facilities and other areas where physical distancing can’t be maintained.
- Promote good respiratory hygiene in the workplace. Display posters promoting respiratory hygiene. Ensure that face masks and paper tissues are available at your workplaces, for those who develop a runny nose or cough at work, along with closed bins for hygienically disposing of them. This is because good respiratory hygiene prevents the spread of COVID-19.
- Open windows. While the spread of the virus might feel unavoidable, the fact is that The Coronavirus outbreak shed light on the importance of indoor air quality and steps needed to mitigate the spread of germs and disease in an office space. Not only that, but according to a HBR study, breathing better air “led to significantly better decision-making performance,” planning, preparedness, and strategy during crises.
- Prepare your workspace for employees and customers. Offices and businesses must ensure there is enough space for workers and customers to adhere to physical and social distancing guidelines. In most places this will mean taking out furniture such as desks and seating areas. They will also need to rearrange spaces and rearrange offices to ensure the best layout for safety purposes. Many workplaces have spare office rooms full of filing cabinets or boxes being stored taking up valuable space.
In the past filing cabinets were the preferred way to store important company papers and documents but this method has some major flaws. It’s easy to lose documents and even harder to replace the document that’s gone missing. They are also not secure, hard to search through and it’s easy to destroy or lose track of. The correct Document Management System can radically improve your company’s document organisation, allowing immediate access to the correct documents and improve security and control of your documents.
SDS Document Management Systems Explained
A document management system (DMS) or electronic document management system (EDMS) is a sophisticated piece of software used to manage digital documents of digital images. The digital images have originated from a paper source and will have been scanned into SDS Document Storage online system. The main function of document management systems is to track, manage and store documents. Historically document management systems only managed the scanned paper documents. These days electronic document management systems manage the images of paper documents, electronic documents, e-forms, emails and photos such as jpeg images. SDS Document Management Software SDS Box is a secure, cloud-based document management platform that makes it easy to create, access and share your protected document from any device.
Some of the most important features of a document management system include:
Check-in/check-out and locking, coordinating the coinciding editing of a document so one person's changes don't overwrite another's.
Version control, so tabs can be kept on how the current document came to be, and how it differs from the versions that came before.
System audit trail.
Some of the obvious advantages include:
Increasing efficiency by removing manual tasks.
Archived data can be accessed instantly by multiple employees.
Filing cabinets/boxes can be removed saving precious floor space.
Data is far more secure, fire and flood risk, theft risk removed.
Significantly lower costs for document storage and supplies.
Data compliance and retention secured.
Even though digital records are becoming more commonplace, many companies still need to keep hard copies of business documents for a number of years. Often, these documents are stored in side rooms, spare offices, basements, attics, desk drawers or filing cabinets - which can easily become disorganised. SDS Document Storage offer secure off-site business document storage in our purpose-built facilities helping you keep important business records fully indexed and together in one place.
We can take care of your documents from start to finish of their life cycle. Once you no longer need your scanned or stored documents, we can securely shred and recycle them, ensuring they are kept confidential from start to finish.
Make room for safety measures in your office and contact us today.