Published 18th of March 2020
Large enough to cope, small enough to care
Collections Update:Protecting our organisations and workers
Shredall SDS Group is monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and taking preventative measures across the Group. We feel it is important to communicate with employees and customers as the situation progresses, making it clear that we are committed to operating as normally as possible, while following national strategy.
This what we have done so far:
- Reviewed and updated our business continuity plans, including working from home arrangements
- Issued position statements and awareness information from the Board and HR
- Displayed a range of information posters, spanning use of NHS 111 online and promoting and encouraging best practice handwashing and housekeeping
- Provided additional handwashing and hand sanitisation products, mindful of supply, and other hygiene items
- Monitored GOV.UK, Public Health England and equivalents
- Implemented checks on visitors and contractors, and employees returning to work from affected areas
- Reached out to employees and families via our Employee Assistance Scheme
Shredall SDS Group continues to provide a full service to Shredding, Scanning and Document Storage customers and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
Working with our customers, we aim to fulfil contractual obligations, while minimising the potential spread of the virus to our team or to other customer premises.
Please let us know:
- In advance if our operatives are required to follow a new procedure at site
- If you wish to discuss alternative arrangements for service delivery
- If your site is closed for any reason
This is especially important so that we can keep our operatives informed – and leads to notice that we will still charge for scheduled collections cancelled by our customers.
Please help us by reminding staff and users that:
- Shredall bins are for confidential wastepaper – not used tissues, paper towels or similar items. This contaminates the paper waste and potentially exposes our operatives to the risk of infection, including Coronavirus.
Shredall SDS Group offers a range of services across the UK, with separate destruction facilities operating from Nottingham and Bellshill. We will continue to monitor the guidance from the UK Government daily and do our utmost to support our valued customers during the outbreak.
Let’s work together to keep our organisations running and workers safe. Thank you.
Nik Williams – Managing Director
Shredall SDS Group