Shredall East Midlands Ltd, Shredall Ltd incorporating SDS are referred to as 'we' below and you as a user are referred to as 'you'.
The Data Protection Act
Under the Data Protection Act, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data, and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it. Our website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
What information do we collect?
We collect different kinds of information from visitors to Shredall East Midlands Ltd, Shredall Ltd incorporating SDS:
- Feedback (through visitors emailing us and using our contact form).
- Customer satisfaction surveys information about any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services and/or email notifications.
Using your personal data
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- Send information to you which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email or similar technology.
- Send to you marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us.
- We will provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. In practice, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also instruct us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to the purchaser or seller (or prospective purchaser or seller) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling or purchasing.
We welcome your feedback.
Should you send an email to us seeking advice or information that we are not in a position to give, we may forward your email on to a more appropriate department within Shredall East Midlands Ltd, Shredall Ltd incorporating SDS for a response.
Cookies are pieces of data that are often created when you visit a website, and which are stored in the cookies directory of your computer. Cookies are created when you visit Shredall East Midlands Ltd, Shredall Ltd incorporating SDS. The cookies do not contain any personal information about you, and they cannot be used to identify an individual user. However, you can set your browser not to accept cookies.
What happens when I link to another site?
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. Neither this website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Access to Your information and contacting us.