Paper documents stored at home present a risk for identity theft and business fraud. We provide a domestic document shredding service to help private individuals working from home to securely dispose of sensitive information.
It’s never been more important to keep sensitive information out of the hands of unwanted third parties. As a leading UK provider of secure document disposal services, Shredall SDS Group offers a home shredding service to help private individuals destroy confidential documents and hard drives.
Choose a fully compliant domestic shredding service
We offer both on-site and off-site document disposal services to suit all needs.
If you opt for an on-site service, the process is as follows:
- Our fully trained operatives confidentially transfer the waste to our high-security MOD-approved shredding vehicles, then weigh it.
- The destruction process is witnessed by an appropriate person from your company and carried out by our specially trained operatives. Our fast, efficient on-site shredding machines can shred around 3,000kg of paper per hour.
- We issue a certificate of destruction showing the weight and details of the collection. This is a minimum requirement for anyone disposing of confidential waste.
- The shredded waste is then compacted into the rear compartment of the vehicle, locked and transported to our depot, where it will be baled and collected for recycling.
Should you choose our domestic off-site shredding service, we follow a separate procedure to ensure GDPR compliance:
- We arrange an ad-hoc collection or a schedule for regular collections.
- Our fully trained operatives scan the barcodes on each receptacle, providing an audit trail that continues until the final invoice. They transfer the waste to our custom-built vehicle, where it’s securely locked in the rear.
- Confidential waste is transported to one of our state-of-the-art depots and is shredded within 24 hours. Our cross-cut industrial shredders can shred over 320 tonnes per day.
- Once all materials have been destroyed, we issue a certificate of destruction. This is a minimum requirement for anyone disposing of confidential waste and should be held on file for six years.
- The shredded waste is baled and collected for recycling.
All of the above is carried out as per BS EN 15713 or equivalent.
Confidential home paper shredding
Every aspect of our domestic bulk shredding service is designed with confidentiality in mind:
● We only employ staff who are security vetted to BS7858:2012 standards and DBS checked, ensuring that your documents are shredded confidentially.
● As an on-site domestic customer, you can witness your documents being shredded for complete peace of mind.
● You will be issued with a certificate of destruction proving that your documents have been shredded confidentially and that you have complied with GDPR.
● If you opt for off-site shredding, rest assured that the confidentiality of your documents is our highest priority from the moment we collect them – our facilities are fitted with 24-hour CCTV, controlled entry systems and intruder alarms that are linked to police stations via Redcare.
What our clients have to say
Don’t just take it from us. Hear what some of our clients have to say about our bulk domestic shredding services:
“We have over 50 branches throughout the UK, Over 150 of our employees are currently working from home due to Covid 19. As a national company we have to ensure the confidentiality of the documents are still being treated as they would in an office environment and adhere to GDPR regulations. We have used Shredall since 2009 and in my opinion they are the best in the industry, they are now collecting shredding for offsite destruction at over 60 employees houses and have made this transition since March 2020 a very straightforward process. I have been approached in the past by other shredding companies but not one of them can compete with Shredall for customer service, their pricing, and their commitment to compliance. ”
Facilities Controller- Builders Merchants
"Shredall provided a very fast and efficient shredding service at my front door. The entire process was really easy with excellent communication from the team. Once the shredding sacks arrived, I simply booked in a time and date for collection. Our business will certainly be using Shredall again for our domestic shredding. The process felt very safe in their hands and they provided a Certificate of Destruction once the service was complete."
Home shredding FAQs
Given that confidential home shredding services have increased in popularity during the recent pandemic, it’s understandable that the concept may be a little unfamiliar to you. The FAQs below should help to answer some of your questions, but feel free to get in touch with any other queries.
Will you take my documents away or shred them at my house?
This depends on whether you opt for on- or off-site shredding. In many cases, we will collect your documents and take them away to be shredded at our facilities. If required, however, we visit you and shred your documents on-site, allowing you or a member of your company to witness the shredding.
Should I remove any staples, clips or plastic from my documents before you arrive to collect?
No, this isn’t necessary – the state-of-the-art machines at our facilities and in our on-site shredding lorries will remove any plastic or metal parts so that the paper can be recycled.
Do your on-site domestic shredding services create a lot of noise?
Although our shredding machines do make some noise, they can handle a large volume of paper so the process is over very quickly, helping to minimise any disturbance.
What happens to all of the paper once you’ve taken it away and shredded it?
Is your domestic shredding service on a one-off or scheduled basis?