To remain GDPR compliant and ensure your company’s data doesn’t fall into the wrong hands, you need secure hard drive shredding services.
Even a single hard drive stores a significant amount of information. If it's not correctly cleansed and reformatted, sensitive data such as employee, customer and product information could still be recovered and used – with detrimental consequences.
If your company stores personal or financial data on a PC hard drive, server or backup tapes, you need a secure way of dealing with those items when deciding to upgrade equipment or clear out old tapes. If you fail to make sensitive data unusable through hard drive shredding, not only could you run a risk of it falling into the wrong hands, you could also be breaching GDPR.
How we destroy hard drives
IIt’s worth remembering that even if a hard drive isn’t working, it still contains data – and that data could still be recovered. Shredall can destroy hard drives on-site or off-site, where our on-site hard drive destruction service lets you witness your confidential hard drives being shredded first hand.
We use cutting-edge data destruction technology to permanently destroy decommissioned discs, servers and photocopiers, making it impossible to reconstruct and recover the data. During this process, the drive platters, mechanisms, and electronic components are completely shredded to ensure that the data is unretrievable.
Shredding your old hard drives is also the most environmentally friendly method of destruction. Once shredded, the hard drives are sent to our UK WEEE-approved partner for recycling, where ferrous and non-ferrous metals are removed before copper-rich materials, printed circuit boards and plastics are taken away to be recycled.
Chain of custody: end-to-end tracking
As part of our chain of custody protocol, we have invested in technology to ensure that your hard drives are tracked throughout their journey. Our end-to-end tracking system makes use of barcode scanning at every stage as well as GPS-tracked vehicles. Rest assured that your sensitive data is secure with Shredall.
Why use our hard drive destruction services?
There are many reasons to choose Shredall as your hard drive destruction provider:
- With sites in London, Birmingham, Nottingham, Leicester, Derby, and Glasgow, we are able to operate across most of the UK.
- We prioritise security through the entire data destruction process and only employ DBS checked and security-vetted (BS7858:2012) operatives.
- You will be assigned your own account manager, who will work with you to make sure all of your requirements are met.
- We provide a full audit trail for all of our services, so you can rest assured that your data has been destroyed securely, confidentially and professionally.
- Our hard drive destruction service is highly flexible, allowing for on- or off-site work that can either be scheduled or booked on an ad hoc basis.
- We have excellent environmental credentials, recycling 100% of non-contaminated waste and sending destroyed hard drives to be recycled.
If you have any questions or think you could benefit from our hard drive shredding services, fill in the contact form below.