WEEE recycling helps to turn your business’s old IT equipment into new products without compromising your security. Shredall SDS Groups works with a WEEE-approved partner to make sure that any recyclable electrical items we destroy are not sent to landfill.
It is not advised to sell old IT parts and equipment for use or refurbishment by third parties. In our years of experience within WEEE disposal, the only way to protect your data is to completely destroy your unwanted hardware. The shredded equipment can then be recycled to reduce your environmental impact without fear of your data being compromised.
Shredall SDS Group is one of few WEEE recycling companies that has a target to recycle 100% of non-contaminated waste as part of our ISO 14001 Environmental Management Certification. Our commitment to recycling all electrical waste benefits your business as well - working with us will reduce your own environmental impact, which is something that consumers are increasingly looking for in businesses.
How it works
- Get in touch to arrange a date and time for your old equipment to be collected. We can destroy hard drives, servers, memory products, monitors, towers, printers, photocopiers and laptops.
- Our fully DBS checked staff will load equipment into our vehicle and give you the appropriate duty-of-care documents (e.g. a hazardous waste consignment note).
- We’ll use cutting-edge technology to destroy each product, making it completely impossible to reconstruct and recover the data.
- We issue a certificate of destruction for all IT equipment collected and destroyed.
- Destroyed hard drives are sent to our UK WEEE-approved partner for recycling. Ferrous and non-ferrous metals are removed, then the copper-rich materials, printed circuit boards and plastics are taken away to be recycled.
- All recycling is carried out in the United Kingdom.