Our digital transformation and scanning service converts bulky paper documents into a convenient, space-saving electronic archive. Our document-management software then lets you retrieve files in seconds.
Sometimes, for one reason or another, you need to keep a hard copy of a document. The rest of the time, an electronic archive brings scores of business benefits. Document scanning is cost efficient, it takes up very little space, and it makes organising and retrieving files quick and easy.
SDS Document Scanning provide a digital transformation service for a range of public- and private-sector organisations. Using the latest document scanning equipment, we quickly convert your paper documents into high-quality digital files. You can then locate and retrieve your files in seconds, without even leaving your desk.
How it works
- We collect your documents, in their existing format, from your site and transport them to our secure warehouse to be converted into digital files. If you need a file urgently at this point, we’ll locate it, scan and email it to you, or arrange to return the hard copy.
- Alternatively, our document management system lets you scan documents straight into our system from your site or office.
- Once the documents have been scanned, digital files are returned via a password-protected disk or hard drive or securely hosted online, meaning you can access the information at any time, from anywhere in the world.
- If required, we will safely destroy the original documents and issue a certificate of destruction.
- Alternatively, we will keep the original paper documents in our secure archive.
We can collect and scan from anywhere in the UK, be that from Nottingham, London, Birmingham, Derby, Leicester or anywhere else. No job is too large or small, simple or complex. Whether you need archived documents to be scanned in bulk, or same-day scanning of new documents as part of your workflow, our experienced project team will work with you to meet your requirements and budget.
Our document management software gives added functionality. Optical character recognition (OCR) can extract data from paper records automatically and can read barcodes and handwriting. We can also classify and index individual documents to create an inventory of your archived records. Indexing those files into standard fields means you’ll find it quicker and easier to find and retrieve documents when you need them.
The illustration below further outlines our document scanning process: